WELL WATER AWARENESS: FIVE IMPORTANT TIMES TO TEST
To ensure your well water supply is healthy and safe, invest in a certified water test. Spring is a great time to test well water because of the heavy and frequent rainfall. Here are five other important times to test your well water:
1. Each spring, tests should be performed for coliform bacteria and nitrates.
2. Before purchasing a new home or after any construction or remodeling on your existing home.
3. After replacing pipes or any part of a well or pump system.
4. In the early months of pregnancy and again after the baby is born.
5. Often if you live near industrial sites.
Tips for taking a water sample:
When sampling, you should let the water run for a minimum of five minutes before obtaining your sample.
Make sure the sample container is completely sterile. Do not touch the inside of the bottle.
Collect the sample from a point as close to the well as possible.
Do not collect a water sample from a point after a water softener.
If the faucet used has an aerator on it, remove the aerator before taking the sample. Do not take the sample from a swing neck kitchen sink type faucet. Sanitize the faucet by flaming.
- The clock is ticking, so get your sample to the laboratory as soon as you can to avoid inaccurate results.
For more water testing information and sampling supplies, visit http://agsource.crinet.com/page248/Environmental or contact AgSource:
|AgSource Laboratories - Ellsworth, IAemail@example.com|
|AgSource Laboratories - Menomonie, WIfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|AgSource Laboratories - Stratford, WIemail@example.com|
|AgSource Laboratories - Umatilla, ORfirstname.lastname@example.org|